7 Signs You’re Experiencing Unresolved Grief
In this guest blog I am sharing the wisdom of Grief Recovery Specialist, Steve Moeller, from The Grief Recovery Institute. I hope you find this blog helpful.
You don’t need anyone to tell you when your heart is broken. You know it.
• You might eat more often or completely lose your appetite.
• You might have a tough time concentrating or focusing on simple tasks.
• You might sleep more than usual or not be able to sleep at all.
• Your chest might feel tight or as if your heart has sunk into your stomach.
As time goes by the intensity of your grief might lessen. You might be able to function more easily and return to your normal eating and sleeping patterns. Over time, some people are able to return to their normal routines, but that doesn’t mean they have recovered from loss.
Unresolved grief is cumulative and cumulatively negative. It’s affects current and future relationships.
After a significant emotional loss such as death or end of a romantic relationship, people alter their life choices to protect their hearts from being hurt again. Have you ever done that?
Here are common indicators that you are experiencing unresolved grief:
• Do you refuse to talk about your loss?
• Do you avoid thinking about your loved one who died because good memories are painful?
• Do you avoid places or events that remind you of someone who died?
• Do you only talk about their positives, refusing to admit they might have had some negative qualities too?
• Do you keep the same exact routines you did when they were still alive because you’re afraid you will forget them?
• Do you only talk about their negatives qualities as if they never did anything good?
• Do you avoid getting close to people? Unresolved grief is usually at the root of fear about any new relationships.
Is your life forever changed after a loss? Yes. There’s nothing wrong with grieving, but you don’t have to live the rest of your life in pain.
Is the quality of your life what you want it to be?
Imagine thinking about someone who died, or an ex, without feeling broken hearted. Imagine living and loving to the fullest. What would that be like for you?
Retrieved from https://www.griefrecoverymethod.com/blog/2015/06/7-signs-youre-experiencing-unresolved-grief
Tammy Adams loves to problem solve, inspire and motivate others who are ready and committed to change. Tammy has spent over 30 years in the field of education and as a Certified Life and Executive Coach Tammy teaches individuals to challenge and conquer their limiting beliefs and insecurities to create the life of their choosing. As a Grief Recovery Method Specialist Tammy understands that unresolved grief can limit an individual’s capacity for happiness and is gifted at supporting individuals through the pain and isolation cause by an emotional loss, of any kind, to a place of happiness they believed no longer existed. Tammy’s clients say, “Tammy helped me unpack the baggage and put a smile on my face in the process. It’s a rare quality for someone to fully listen without judgement but yet still steer you in the right direction.”
To learn more about Intuitive Understanding please visit www.tadams.ca or contact Tammy by email at email@example.com