Our Mind is a Powerful Tool
If the brain expects that a treatment will work, it sends healing chemicals into the bloodstream, which facilitates that. And the opposite is equally true and equally powerful: When the brain expects that a therapy will not work, it doesn’t. It’s called the ‘nocebo’ effect. Bruce Lipton
Our mind is a powerful tool. It has the power to keep us healthy and the power to make us sick. It has the ability to block our potential or to allow us to soar to possibilities beyond our wildest dreams. It literally has the power to create our realty!
Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics. Albert Einstein
We have two minds. The conscious, logical thinking mind and the subconscious creative, protective mind. We have been taught that our conscious mind is in control, but it couldn’t be farther from the truth. Our subconscious mind is running the show and it has made a decision 6 seconds before the conscious mind is even aware there is a decision to be made.
Your point of view creates your reality, reality does not create your point of view.
What if you could shift your point of view so you could have a different reality? Dr. Dain Heer
I find that I am having this conversation with people more and more. People are awakening to the prospect that life does not have to be struggle. They are open to discussing that their victim mentality, could be just that when they realize they have access to tools that would allow them to clear their memory hard drive and reprogram it for success.
If a patient’s survival rate can be affected simply by the means by which the doctor delivers the prognosis, it is fact we are affected by thoughts. If Japanese researcher Masaru Emoto can demonstrate that words can affect the crystal shapes of water, it is fact that we are affected by thoughts. If a person can be told that a pill will cure them, the placebo effect definitely demonstrates the power of thought.
So why do we, as humans, continue to struggle? Why have we not chosen to change our life experiences? The answer is simply, we have never been told we could. Schools teach us to conform. Society frowns upon those who are different. We spend our lives trying to fit into a box that is designed for only one.
7 Steps to Change
- Change is not possible unless we are aware that it can and should happen. Begin by paying attention to the thoughts you have every day. Write them down. Is there a pattern to your thinking?
- Once you have identified the pattern, step back and take an honest look at your life. Are there repetitive experiences in your life and if so do they align with your thinking.
- Start to implement change by using the Law of Substitution. Every time you have a negative thought substitute it with a positive thought. Be honest and make the substitution, don’t be hard on yourself for having the thought, simply turn it around.
- Turn off the news. The news reports are mainly negative and continue to perpetuate a state of fear and uncertainty. Choose the stories and facts that you will allow to be stored in your subconscious.
- Understand that what you focus on multiples. This is the Law of Growth and is one of the most power reasons to be aware of what you are thinking. Return to steps 1 and 2 and have another look to see if your focus is manifesting in your life.
- There are several healing modalities that support this change process. In your community there will be Reiki Practitioners, Access Bars Practitioners, Yoga Instructors, Meditation Groups, and the list goes on.
- Life coaches do not focus on your story or what has happened in the past, but rather concentrate on where you are today and support your intention to implement change, to move forward. Life coaches understand the power of thought and provide you additional tools for replacing your associative, limiting memories with goals and tools for forming new, life affirming habits.
It takes hard mental work to change your thoughts, to be aware of what others are telling you and choosing your own path in spite of what they say. Having the courage to change your perspective and the way you see yourself in the world gives others permission to do the same.
Your mind is the most powerful ally you have. When leveraged in your favour it can manifest a strong body, a healthy mind, and an incredible life beyond what you have imagined.